If you have been following along you will know that we just filled our raised beds with normal soil. Now I am going to try and improve the soil one by one as they are emptied. I have started with one of the onion beds. With the help of the kids we dug out a generous layer of soil and put in a layer of straw. Not to thick. Than the soil came back on that and the top is covered with a layer of straw again.
I had some strawberries on spots where de dogs can excess them, so we dug these out and planted them in this bed, spreading out the runners nicely. In the middle I added some beautiful flowering perennials. For now this is finished, but there is some more space for strawberries we will ad later, after the runners we fixed in some pots have rooted well.